Friday, April 17, 2009

I have a new poll up

As of today I have exactly 2 weeks until I turn 30. . .

Growing up we almost always celebrated our birthday's on the actual day. I don't think I have any memories of us having birthday parties on a Saturday or Friday, unless it actually was that day. Maybe my 10th birthday is an exception because it was a slumber party, but that's about it. My Dad was a stickler about that and now looking back I appreciate it. Sure my brother and I were the only kids having a party at 4 o'clock on a Tuesday afternoon, but it reinforced the fact that the day was special, even if it was just because I was born. That was the day that God chose to have me come into the world, and it deserves to be recognized as such. Now that I'm older, I'm pretty much a stickler for that tradition as well and will carry it on with my own kids one day. But this is what prompts my new poll. I want to know what others think about when they celebrate their own special day.

Vote away guys, it will be up until the end of May!

2 comments:

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Hey who says I celebrate birthday's anymore? Once you get to my age you have to start subtracting birth year from current year just to remember how old you are.

I know this is not an option on your poll, but I either celebrate my birthday at a later date, or just don't celebrate it at all.

Birthday's become milestones after 21, so unless it is a big one (like 30, 40, 50, etc), I just call it another day.

countrygirl85 said...

I agree Sherri. I remember growing up saying I can't wait to be 16 so I can drive, then it's I can't wait to be 18 so I can get out of house, then it was the 21st, after that ehh just another day. I like celebrating other people's birthday more than my own.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin