In the beginning of the month I entered a contest at the Modest Mom. And I WON!!!
The last time I entered a contest I won, but Gluten Free Girl never sent me my book:( BOOOO. So I wasn't really anticipating a win, but I'm so glad that I did. She was giving away 3 prizes at the time, and by far I got the best one. So is that build up enough...you wanna know what I won???
A $100 gift card to Vision Forum!
I KNOW great prize!!! I was so excited that I started shopping even before they emailed me the gift card code. I don't know about you, but I love spending free money. LOL:)
So today, after taking the slow boat route, I finally got what I had ordered.
1. Homestead Blessings DVD: The Art of Gardening (for my black thumb)
2. Homestead Blessings DVD: The Art of Sewing
3. The Crochet Answer Book (for my newest passion)
4. Handmade Marketplace (who knows maybe I'll sell the things that I make)
5. The Attributes of God by Arthur W. Pink
6. Christian Modesty and the Public Undressing of America by: Jeff Pollard
7. Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife by Bill Potter
8. A Promised Kept: A Story of Unforgettable Love by Robertson McQuilkin
(about the vow that a man keeps to his wife after she's diagnosed with Alzheimer's...yeah I can hardly wait to read this)
9. The Princess & the Kiss by Jennie Bishop
(this I actually got for a friends daughters, but I read it and it's really good totally want this for any daughter that I may have)
I know that's a lot, but like I said YAY free money:) I hope in the coming months to be able to share some of these as I read and enjoy my prizes.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I can't take credit for this pic at all, but it was sent to me by a friend around Thanksgiving, from this blog here. It was a big encouragement for me and something that I have to remind myself of often as I enter another year of single hood. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful that the Lord has held back thus far in my life, and that I haven't forced my way out this time of growth that he has me in based upon my own desires. But that also doesn't mean that it's always easy, just that I'm content with the Lord's will for my life at this particular time. So I post this for others out there that need a "bite" of encouragement, and ask them to think about what kind of apple they want to be.