Tuesday, October 21, 2008

#12 on my list, Learn 30 new words (#2)

I was cruising through blogs, wanting to see what was going on with people who are associated with other friends of mine, and I clicked on the blog of Rachel Hammet. Behold she has a list of words on her blog that she likes. Some of them I had never heard of, but there was one I liked in particular so I looked it up. It was Sapience.

Here is what it means:


Sapience (or Sapient)
SA'PIENCE, n. [L. sapientia, from sapio, to taste, to know.]
Wisdom; sageness; knowledge.


Thanks Rachel, for giving me a new word.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yeah, I love reading her blog. She must read like a book a day. She's a really fun girl to be around, too. Her and her younger brother are like two peas in a pod. We like to get together with them frequently.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin