Thursday, May 1, 2008

The last year of my 20's! (Part 1)

Today, on my first post for the month of May, I get to revel in my Birthday!!! This is the last year of my 20's and I have to say that it has started off quite well. Truthfully, although don't presume to speak for everyone, the older you get the less you care about getting "toys" and the more you care about those people that surround your life, and if you are a person that likes to celebrate another year of life, those celebrations are made the most special by the people you get to celebrate it with.

It started with a call from my dear friend Abbey and then transferred over to work where Pat brought in breakfast and Sarah brought me flowers, which was nice of them to do. I received emails and text messages from all of my friends. I got cards from my Mom, my Pastor, and a few other friends. I even got an email from my Aunt Elaine. And of course there was the phone call from my Dad. Which, even though it was at the end of my day, was well worth the wait. It really is the small moments that make up a great and special day. Today was mine and all the special moments that made up today made me thankful that I get to enter my 29th year of life with good friends and a happy heart.

So even though I am posting this on May 1st, I will have a continuing story for tomorrow as tomorrow evening is going to be bowling night with the girls:) (I always like to joke that I'm genetically predisposed to bowling, as that is where one set of my grand parents met each other, while another grandfather actually worked in a bowling alley). Ha Ha Ha, I always love telling a good story. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

AMarylandGirl said...

AAAAAAHHHH! This is why you need to get back on Facebook because they would have reminded me of your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a fabulous day!! I'll call you when I get a chance. I'm leaving Wednesday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin