Monday, April 28, 2008

#18 on my list, Put together 30 new Sunday school lessons (#2)

Lesson #2

Topic: Relying on Jesus power. It's Amazing how the Lord has things designed since in the upcoming month, May, my church has decided that the focus of the month will be 'Looking beyond ourselves to the Power of Jesus Christ'. So to have that be the topic for last weeks lesson was pretty astounding.

Scriptures: Acts 3:1-4:31 (Peter and John heal a crippled man, after Jesus ascended into heaven, and they had to rely on the His power in order to do it)

Synopsis: By relying on Jesus' power in our lives all things are possible.

What the Lord revealed to me: One of my girls asked me this question on Sunday, and I was so happy that she did. The question that she asked was this, "What if the man that was healed still had some of the disease in him, after Peter healed him?" First, I thought that maybe she was trying to be difficult with her question. However, the second thought I had was 'What an opportunity for a object lesson'. So, knowing that this girl is saved, I asked her if "when Jesus saved her did he only offer her salvation halfway?" Her answer was of course no. Then to reiterate my point I asked, "Is Jesus ever going to take away your salvation?". Again the answer was no. So then I said, "When Jesus used his power to heal someone, and when he uses his power to save us it is done complete and right the first time. Nothing is missed and noting is done half way." I mean even when Jesus healed the blind man in Mark 8:24 (where he saw men as trees), Jesus knew that wasn't acceptable and set out to make sure that the man was restored to his whole self. Which is what he wants for us all, to be whole.

Matthew 28:18, And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin