Saturday, May 21, 2011

No Man Can Know

Lately there has been a lot of talk about the rapture happening on Saturday. Ummm, sorry to tell you, and by you I mean people that believe this, that's not going to happen. Now don't get me wrong, it will happen one day, but according to the Bible no man can know the day or the hour of the Lords return, Matthew 25:13
It's been a lot of talk on the radio station that I listen to during the day, and while I don't believe this rhetoric, it's still very waring on the mind when I know the truth. Below is the letter that I wrote to the radio station that I listen to during the day. They newver read it on the air, but it felt good to get it off of my chest.

Dear Dave & Luke,

I am a Christian and believe in the rapture. I’ve taken a bit of time to compose this email so I hope that you will take just a bit of time to read it. After listening to on air conversation the other day, and with all this fear mongering about the end of the world that has been going on over the past few weeks I feel compelled to over up a much more logical counter argument and to point out one simple Bible verse that completely negates this man’s prediction, Matthew 25:13 - Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Simply put anyone who says that they can predict the return of the Lord, or that they know for a fact when this event will happen is lying, because Jesus himself said no one could know when that time would be. Only God himself knows when that time will be.

I heard the interview that you and Luke had with this man, and if he was so confident why did he not give his method for figuring this date out and the verses that would back this date up? Not an unreasonable question, and IF he had the answer there should be nothing for his to with hold. God has given us everything that we need to know in the Bible that pertains unto life, 1 Peter 1:3 - According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue; and if God thought it was really important for us to know the exact date of his return, I have no doubt that he would have made sure that the writers & translators or the Bible made sure to put that exact date in there. However, since it’s not in there I highly doubt that this man knows what he’s really talking about.

He was also predicting an earthquake, which is easy to do since there has been a lot of movement in the earth with those lately and very easy to scare mass amounts of people with, but 1 Thessalonians 5:2 says, For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. I don’t know about you, but when I picture a thief in the night I picture a couple things. First, I don’t picture him making to much noise, unlike an earthquake, but rather coming in silently, which brings me to point #2 and back to the fact that this man can’t know the date of the Lords return, and that is that no one knows when a thief in the night is going to come, just that he will at some point and so the best they can do is prepare for that thief. And for that reason people should make sure that their relationship with God rests solely on their standing with Jesus Christ for when he does return as that thief to rapture up those that have put their faith and trust in him by repenting of their sins and seeking the Lords forgiveness.

Don’t get me wrong, as a Christian I look forward to this day with great anticipation. I just want people to know that based on what the Bible says about NO man being able to predict God’s return that this man, however well intentioned, is wrong and by his own admittance from the interview was wrong with a previous date as well, something else to take into account about this man and his credibility.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts. Please feel free to share as you so desire.

My former Pastor preached a message this past Sunday on the topic and WOW, what a difference to listen to something that actually makes sense in accordance with scripture. Click on the link to listen for yourself, Why the Rapture will not happen on May 21st, 2011. He's also having a "We're Still Here" BBQ at his church, Silvercrest Bapstist Church in Waterford, MI, in case anyone readingthis is able to go.

For those that believe like me you'll find it a blessing, for those who don't know what to believe it may give you some perspective and call to your attention maybe your own relationship with him that you need to take care of, and for those that actually believe that you can know the day and the hour you will probably find it irritating at first and then alarming that you may have allowed yourself to be taken in by a charlatan. His followers have cashed in their retirement savings & stopped paying their mortgages & other bills that affect their earthly tenure. This behavior does not bode well for them come Sunday morning.

I'm so thankful that God is faithful and true. That he left us his word, the King James Bible, with full completeness that we can have the confidence that everything that is in there is what we need to live a life that is honoring and glorifying to him. Granted, I'm far from perfect, but his word gives me the knowledge on how I can live a life that he is pleased with. Which will include my life on Sunday morning. After all I have a Sunday School lesson that I'm preparing for:) Until the next post...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin