Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And My Secret Prayer Sister is. . .

Well I don't know who this month's is yet, but last month was my dear friend Sherri! And she did a good job of keeping herself a secret too, which is sometimes hard to do when you are with someone a lot of the time.

Sherri has been my friend for 7 years now and we teach SS together and I tell her pretty much everything anyway. I mean talk about an easy job, right?! She's a great friend to have and such a great person to have on my side praying for me. However, because we are close the challenge of the job I suppose comes in the actual contact that needs to be made. See there are a few rules that come into play when participating in our churches Secret Prayer sister ministry 1) You must pray for them daily 2) You must make contact with them and 3) You must reveal yourself to them. Simple, right? Sure enough. Sherri did make secret contact with me, but the blessing from her I think came in all the stuff that I knew she did for me, without me knowing that she was my secret prayer sister. 1st she picked me up from the airport when I came back home, from visiting my family in CA. 2nd I spent the following weekend (New Years weekend) sick and she sent me a card to wish me well. Those couple things were super, especially since getting to the airport from the island is no small feat. Those are some of the things that I like, being sneaky in the open. Sherri's got a great gift of ministry (at least I think that's her spiritual gift) and she was a real blessing to me.

Well last night when she revealed herself to me needless to say I was surprised. And tickled to see that she decided to give me a gift card so as to get some stuff from my Amazon wishlist. Which was exactly what I did when I go home from church last night. Wanna see what I got? TO bad you don't have a choice;)


I love a good book about the women behind the men of faith
If you don't know about this man you MUST!
Such a great testimony of faith!

And even though there is no picture for it I got a book called Joyous Journeys Around the Detours, by Juanita Purcell. It's these last four books that I'm really looking forward to getting because they were recommended on a book list that I received from the recent Women in Ministry class that I took at my church. I already have a few of the books on there, but I'm looking forward to expanding my library in this area in order to fuel my own spiritual gift(s). Thanks Sherri:) Not just for the books, but for the blessing that you have been to me over the past 7 years. Especially when I "freak out" over the little things.
Stay tuned because I'll be writing book reviews after I'm finished with them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin