Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Poormans Meal

I saw Clara (of cooking with Clara) make this and it was reminiscent of a meal that my Dad would make for us when he was out of work. except he had pasta instead of potatoes. Tonight I made this meal, except with potatoes. I've found that I like it better this way. No offense to my dad's cooking, he's one of these people that can look in the cupboards and throw almost anything together, but for a long time it ruined spaghetti sauce for me. Last night's dinner was really good too. I added some oregano, rosemary, and basil to it as well. My apt smelled wonderful last night. It's small too so maybe it will still smell good today as well.



What does the Lord say about the poor? A lot, but here are just a couple that I like.

Proverb 19:22 ~ The desire of a man is his kindness: and a poor man is better than a liar.
Ecclesiastes 4:13 ~ Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished.

Times are tight to be sure, but no man who knows the Lord is really poor, Matthew 6:19-21. I'd rather be broke than a liar any day of the week. Matthew 6:25-34, is probably one of the better passages I know to go to when I'm feeling restless, 1 Timothy 6:8 as well. What I found is that the word of God says it should take very little to make us content. Yet that is so not how we are as people, generally speaking. God doesn't always say that he's going to give us a hamburger, but he will give us food, and the means to buy it if we are willing to work, Proverbs 10:14.

Humble eats! Mmmmm, nothing like 'em!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin