Monday, September 21, 2009

I know all you want are the photos

I've mentioned a couple times that I would be taking photos for my friend Amy's wedding, well the wedding been 2 weeks gone now and I could regail you with the events that transpired during me and Kali's tenure in St. Louis, but I'll spare you the play by play, because lets face it all you want to see are the photo's anyway. If you feel so inclined to inquire about the events of the week then just ask, but the pictures of the blessed event speak for themselves. There was a lot of apprehension on my part when she first asked me, but no one ever achieved anything when fear was allowed to hold them back. I just didn't want to get ahead of myself and promise Amy something that I couldn't deliver on, or get my own ego so inflated that I start to think I'm God's gift to photography. Amy was more laid back about it than I was, and I quote "Carolyn, you're nervous enough for the both of us." But let me do advise that if you should be asked by a friend to do something like this that you first pray about it and then just do it with love. Treat each photo like it's the one that you would want to choose from, if you had your wedding day in mind. Don't let your ego get involved, it's not about what you want, it's about making special memories for the couple. If you look at it like that you can't go wrong. Regardless if I ever do this again I'll still be a bundle of nerves, just because I'm a perfectionist by nature.

After I finally worked my way through 1200+ photos, disregarding the completely unusable ones, I finally managed to cut the total down to about 700. So if it seems like there are a lot up here, trust me this is nothing. But I think it's an accurate overview of what I'm capable of, and of the day over all.

Church, Dress, Flowers & Rings . . . .















Musicians . . . .









The Ceremony. . . .





















The Wedding Party. . . .




















The Couple. . .













The Cake. . . .









The Reception. . . .




















This was just my first experience in getting to do something like this so I wanted to show off some of my faves, and what I was able to do. Now all I need is my own D-SLR, and then maybe I could have a decent shot at a side business. It was a lot of fun and I do hope that I get another opportunity to do something like it again. I hope that you enjoyed them.

I feel very privileged to have been asked by Amy to help her with her special day and I wish both her and Andy every imaginable happiness! Please feel free to leave comments.

2 comments:

countrygirl85 said...

Awesome Pics Carolyn, you never seem to surprise me. God's blessed you with all things creative.

Jennifer said...

Awe, I love the pics! thanks for sharing, Carolyn

Thanks for stopping by, too!

Jennifer

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin