Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It is a good think to give thanks unto the Lord

Last weekend in my SS class our lesson was about King Hezzikiah, and his the gratitude that he had towards God after saving the Jews from the Assyrians. My question to the girls was, Are we only allowed this one day to say thank you to God for his blessings? Their answer surprised me, for they answered "Yes", that we were only allowed this one day to say thank you. Now my girls are young, 6-9, but we have a special time on Sunday mornings allotted to praise the Lord for his provisions and blessings. However, when these answers do arise it's also a great time for teaching and reinforcing what they already know to be true, sometimes they just need a little help. So my next question was, "Well, if that's the case do you think that you could remember an entire years worth of thank yous?" Of course, as children often are they decided to be contrary and said "Yes they could." But as they started to think about it some more they started to change their answer.

Anyway, Thank you for me comes rather naturally off my tongue. You see it was my first word. According to my baby book it came out more like "tank too", but obviously my mom new what I meant. I don't know what I was saying thank you for, however that's really not the point. The point is that we should be grateful for the blessings that God has given us and not hold onto them for a year (or a really long time). We should thank him often for his provision and thank those who are in our lives for the things they do for us. Why it takes one specific day to drag it out of most people is beyond me, but it is nice to have a day that we can take time out, slow down, and appreciate the gifts that we do have. So without further ado (and in no real kind of order) here is what I'm thankful for.


Thank you for:

~ My eternal salvation. Why God did what he did is beyond me and there are not enough thank yous that could be said for that. (If you're wondering what I'm talking about click on the e-Life studies link on my sidebar or take The Good Person Test to find out).

~ My family
~ My church

~ My friends (Kali, Nicki, Meleah, Laura, Shannon & Pastor J., Steve & Sheri, Maggie, Sharon, Katie & Tim, Vicki & Pastor S., The rest of the SPG's, Abbey, Chris & Selena) If I missed anyone I apologize because there are a lot of you.
All of you bring something special to my life.
~ The King James Bible AV1611
~ My health
~ My working car
~ My apartment

~ Mrs. Reid, who is going the extra mile to make sure I have a GF Thanksgiving
~ My SS class. Those girls are so great. Each one of them brings something unique to the class each Sunday. There are very few dull moments:)

~ The opportunity that the Lord gave me to share my recent testimony at our Ladies Bible Fellowship. It's wonderful how the Lord works things out for us whenever we let go of our hangups.
~ The dress I just got from Abbey
~ The quiet days with nothing to do
~ The busy days with to much to do
~ My job
~ My new phone (pic soon to be posted)


There is so much more that I'm missing that it doesn't seem right to end the list now. So I'll porbably end up psoting things as I think of them. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Gobble Gobble

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all your "thank you's". Once we start meditating on all that the Lord has and is doing for us, our list of thank you's become a real blessing. Enjoyed reading your blessings Carolyn.

Sherri

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin