Friday, October 24, 2008

Update to list

I've updated my list. I took off "Transfer to a University" because financially that's not going to be feasible for me at this point, and put on "Learn how to fly fish". This may sound a little random, but there's a back story to it.

One of me and my Dad's favorite movies to watch together is A River Runs Through It. For those of you who aren't familiar with the story here is a quick synopsis.
Director Robert Redford narrates this nostalgically American true story of two Montana brothers whose fly-fishing symbolizes their lives. The older brother (Craig Sheffer) makes plans and works hard, while the younger (Brad Pitt) does as he pleases and follows his gut; both struggle to live up to their father's high standards in fishing and morals. This character drama clinched an Oscar for Best Cinematography and two other Academy nominations. (I also put a link to the Netflix so you can see why it's rated PG and decide if it's right for you)

Anyway, when I was 17 my Dad bought me a fly rod, in the attempt to want to teach me. I wanted to learn, but I was also a pretty social 17 year old, so between me and my Dad's other activities fly fishing seemed to fall by the wayside. Pastor Prisk had also offered to teach me, prior to his passing, but obviously that fell through too. However, I still have my fly rod and I still have a resolve to do this at least once, although I like other types of fishing so if I learn,
I think I'll keep it up.

The idea for this change came up due to a conversation I had with my co-worker about my fish dinner I had last night and whether or not I would ever mind gutting a fish (NO). She doesn't like fish and I've been trying to talk her in to trying some for a while now. But the thought occurred to me that maybe there were classes that were taught somewhere. I mean after all I live in one of the best state for this kind of activity. So I'm investigating it!

Don't fret though, I'm not giving up on my pursuit of higher education. I'm just burnt out and want to make sure that the next step I take in this direction is what the Lord wants for me, and in order for me to get a better perspective on this I need some distance away.

So there it is, my updated list. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin