Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I know I've been remiss in my updates. . .

School is taking precedent right now in my life and I went away for a long weekend with the SPG's to St. Louis a couple weeks ago, so I know I haven't posted anything in a while. I'll try and be better, because I have had some interesting things happen over the past few weeks. I may nor wax vey elloquet right now but at least it will be an insight as to what has been going on in my world lately. Here's a synopsis over the past few weeks:

HWY 20: My church is praying for direction and guidance as to where the Lord would lead us to plant a church along HWY 20 here in WA. We had a campout a few weeks ago re-reaching out to the surrounding areas of Lyman, Hamilton, Concrete, and Sedro Wooley. The Lord is opening many doors and many people filled out our post cards desiring to have bible studies, either sent to them or to have men from our church come into their homes and hold bible studies one on one. It's very exciting and challenging, but it will be worth it all in the end. There was another campout this weekend in Twisp, Okanagen, and Winthrop, but I couldn't go because I've been training my replacement at work.

Work: I'm still working for the same company that I have been for the past 2 years, but Monday I start working in my new position there as the Marketing Assistant. I'm super excited about it. Not just because it's new, but because my boss asked me himself if I wanted the position. Basically I'll be creating it from scratch, which is another reason that I'm looking forward to it. I like a challenge, and learning new things and this will be a fun, and I'm sure at times, challenging process, but I'm ready for it.

St. Louis: As like last year, the SPG's went to St. Louis a couple weeks ago. It was fun. Two weeks before we left though Kali finally found a song for us to sing. It's called, Keep the Race Before Us. It was a very challenging song, but well worth it. The theme of this years conference was Absolute Surrender. The idea of holding nothing back from God in our service towards him, and those things that would keep us from serving him more diligently. It was a great conference which brings me to meeting 2 more people out of my 30, the Wrights. Bro. Wright preached at the conference last year, but I ddin't get to meet him. This year I did though. He and his wife were great to talk to, and he gave a great lesson through Romans 12:1. I got to see my friend Amy, which was nice also As I hadn't seen her in about 6 or 7 months.

4th of July: It was fun. Fireworks are legal to have here in WA and so Josh, Joel, and Daniel shot off fire works on the Waldron's property. I stayed the night and the next day accompanied Maggie and Josh in the purchase of their new (to them) vehicles. Both got what they were looking for and at really decent prices.

White water rafting: At the beginning of June Kali, Maggie, Nicki and I all went up to Leavenworth for a weekend of whitewater rafting as well as celebrating Nicki's birthday. It was awesome!!! We had so much fun and it was a nice couple days away.

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to write again soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin