Saturday, June 7, 2008

#13 on my list, Loose 30 lbs. (#4)

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote about this one. Looking back at some of my other posts I realized that I had not revealed my starting weight. I think I initially chose not to do it because I was nervous about revealing how heavy I had actually gotten, but in re-reading my posts it's hard for me to reflect on where I've come from. So I'm going to jump into the abyss reveal it now, so I can look back and reflect on what I've been doing and so that those who read this can get an idea as to how hard I work at it. The troubles along this road deserve to be documented along with the triumphs.

So looking back, my starting weight was 207! That's way to heavy for me. And it's not really so much the number that matters as much as the fact that I just felt unhealthy, which is more important than being "thin". Anyway, so with my other 3 posts on the subject that took my weight down to 199. And then I stayed there for a long time, I think I even went up a pound of 2 at one point. One thing that makes my weight loss more than the average struggle that it is, but also very necessary is the fact that I have PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome). There's so much to explain about the condition, much more than this post will allow for, but basically causes Cyts to grow on my ovaries which affects the normal hormone levels that I should have in place right now. It's a tricky disease since no two people have the same symptoms, but along with the hormones it also messes with a persons cholesterol levels, and makes a higher risk to develop type 2 diabetes (both disorders I'm already genetically predisposed to). So as you can see loosing the weight is very important for the long term.

I think it's unrealistic, with my physical limitations, to expect my body to get down to the typical weight that I should be, between 130-150, not to mention the fact that I'm natually big boned to begin with, so being that slight would be really hard for me to achieve. I do, however, think that it's completely reasonable to try and get to a lighter weight. My goal is to be 170. Basically I just want to feel healthier. Trust me girls, for those that read this, guys like a girl with a little bit of meat to them, they just want us to be healthy and happy with ourselves in that. Sure there are always exceptions, but that's been the consensus in my life thus far.

So I said all that to relay that I've lost another 4 pounds over the past few months. For those doing the math that makes me now 195. Mostly it's due to me just consentrating on getting my diet in order (dealing with my Celiacs Disese). It will be fun to see what happens as my work out schedule gets back in order (it's been off since I've been foucusing on school so much). So that's where I'm at. It's a slow progress, but it's totally worth it since my skirts keep getting bigger on me around my waist, and not smaller. YAY for the little victories!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin