Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22, 2001

I cannot let this day close without taking the time to thank the Lord for giving me another year in my spiritual life and allowing me to draw closer to him.

Seven years ago today I asked the Lord, Jesus Christ, to come into my life and and save me from my sins, and he did. For that's what he gave his life for, but the best part lies in the fact that he rose again so that we would have a living God to place our faith in.

The past 7 years seem to be but a short time indeed, and there is just so much that I can praise him for. For the wisdom of the Pastor's that he's given to me starting with Pastor Jerry Boritzki, then Pastor Gary Prisk and Robert Sargent, as well as Pastor Jeremiah Sargent, and then for the large extended family that I have in my life (which seems to making my world a small one), but also for expounding His word to me. Which is really is what has made the past 7 years fruitful for my live and spiritual growth, and lately it's been the matter of prudence that has been my topic of study and meditation.

To fully understand it's meaning I suggest that you look up it's definition (or below). For I have always related it solely to financial matter, but it goes far beyond that and really defines it as (and I'm totally paraphrasing) matters of cautious or being circumspect with regards to ones actions and decisions. This has been a continual growing point for me and lately I've seen need for more improvement in this area (which is not a bad thing). The decisions that I make don't just affect me, but they also affect those that are around me, and as Proverbs 19:14b says "a prudent wife is from the Lord". I would take this to infer (based on the definition) that our decisions as women ultimately affect our families, but for me as a single woman that prudence should also be a desired trait to have for my future family (no I haven't given up hope, I'm only 28). Anyway, those are just a few thoughts on what I've been shown here in this up start to a 7th year of spiritual growth.

Prudent
PRU'DENT
, a. Cautious; circumspect; practically wise; careful of the consequences of enterprises, measures or actions; cautious not to act when the end is of doubtful utility, or probably impracticable. (The prudent man looketh well to his going. Prov 14:15; A prudent man foreseeth the evil and hideth himself. Prov 22:3)
1. Dictated or directed by prudence; as prudent behavior.
2. Foreseeing by instinct; as the prudent crane.
3. Frugal; economical; as a prudent woman; prudent expenditure of money.
4. Wise; intelligent.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin