Monday, March 17, 2008

It really is the thought that counts. . .














This story caught my attention this morning. You gotta give the guy points for trying though because it really is the thought that counts!


It is the one moment every man wants to get
right -- and which London floor-fitter Lefkos Hajji could hardly have got more wrong.
The luckless 28 year-old's dreams of giving his sweetheart, Leanne, 26, the ultimate proposal have literally vanished into thin air.

Hajji, of Hackney, east London, had concealed a 6,000-pound engagement ring inside a helium balloon. The idea was that she would pop the balloon as he popped the question.
But as he left the shop, a gust of wind pulled the balloon from his hand and he watched the ring -- and quite possibly the affections of his girlfriend -- sailing away over the rooftops.
"I couldn't believe it," he told The Sun newspaper.
"I just watched as it went further and further into the air.
"I felt like such a plonker. It cost a fortune and I knew my girlfriend would kill me."
Hajji spent two hours in his car trying to chase and find the balloon, without success.
"I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said.
"But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."
He is hoping the ring will still turn up.
"It would be amazing if someone found it," he added.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was crazy! I feel so bad for the guy!!!
~Kali

Anonymous said...

I saw that too! Poor guy. I can see why his girlfriend would be frustrated but given the way she reacted, he might want to re-think buying her a new ring. It actually might have been a lucky mistake on his part!

Nancy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin