Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dinner

Today I woke up to the sound of rain pelting my roof and the roll of thunder in the distance. That all quickly changed as the thunder closed in upon Coupeville as the rain turned into hail and the thunder. Which was then followed by lightening and the first power outage of the season. Fall in the Pacific northwest is never boring and far from predictable. I therefore declared it pajama day for the Pivarnik household and proceeded to commence the washing of the laundry, the purging of the bookshelves and the playing with the dog. I also had enough time to cook a simple and scrumptious fall feast...for one.

It's been a long time since I've posted a recipe and this one I used for dinner was super simple and now my house smells amazing!!!!



with Sweet Potatoes

It really doesn't get much easier than this. Sage is my favorite herb too! It's a little slice of fall without a big ol' bird to cook. You can really make any side you want with it, but the sweet potatoes added a nice pop of color to the plate, they have more vitamins then your basic white potato, and they are completely seasonally appropriate (if that matters to you). 

Because the link only takes you to the chicken recipe (which I found on Pintrest BTW) I'll tell you what I did for the potatoes, in case there is a novice cook out there. 

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. Skin the potato & chop into even pieces
3. Coat with olive oil (any olive oil will do)
4. Season with salt & pepper to taste
5. Put into pan & roast until they are done 

The cook time really depends on how many pieces you have & how big they are. For me it ended up being about 45 minutes, but if u have big pices it can be up to an hour. Check the done-ness of the potatoes and when they are close to done start the chicken so that all items are done close to each other (I'm a stickler for this because I hate anything being served cold if it's supposed to be warm). Enjoy all!!!

1 comment:

Selena said...

Mmmmm that looks amazing!! I can almost smell it I think,, lol. Definately drooling! The news last night forcasted snow in Twisp for today!!! I think we may possibly have an early winter this year. See ya next weekend! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin