Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Spiritual Birthday

I should have posted this this morning because the day is almost over, but better late than never.

I've got no real insight just a praise that today I turned 8 (in the Lord). Yes, eight years ago today, in a little Baptist Church in Sicily I surrendered my life to the Lord and asked Him to forgive me of my sins and save me from the wrath of His judgement. It's amazing, the work that He does when we're not even looking. Remembering back to that day there's no way that I could have imagined the directions that the Lord would take me in, and the path he would set my feet upon.

I have many verses that I enjoy and at different times certain ones speak to me more, but if I had to pick a verse that best exemplifies the faith and trust that I have in Him it is the one listed below.

Philippians 1:6 ~ Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

He is ever faithful, ever true, and ever ready to offer his hand of salvation to those that seek His face and are searching for the truth (John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.)

That God should love a sinner such as I, how wonderful a love like this!

1 comment:

Primetime Babyboomers said...

Isn't it wonderful what the Lord can do with a willing vessel? PTL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin