Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good Eats

So I've never actually eaten at any of Kent Rathbuns restaurants, but I wanted to use my blog to give props to my friend Abbey for scoring the head pastry chef position at Kent Rathbun's new restaurant Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen.

I've been wanting to post this for a while, but I was waiting for their website to have more features. Anyway, I'm super proud of Abbey and for anyone that doesn't already know her cooking skills, she's an awesome cook/baker (she does both, even though the baking is her passion)! Like I said I can't speak from personal experience in eating there, but I have been privy to Abbey's skills, pre-pastry school, and I'm sure that she's gained mad skills in the 3 years that she's been pursuing her dream, so for those of you (that live in Texas) and can go you're in for a treat.


The whole menu looks yummy, even though I would not be able to eat the deserts due to my gluten intolerance, but I love a good steak and those sounded awesome! Her employers even beat Iron Chef Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. Now that's some pretty good company!




P.S. For Abbey: I know you're tired but keep up the good work. Hopefully one day I'll get there to see ya, but you'll have to work on something Gluten Free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm blushing...and, you come and I'll make sure that you can have dessert

Abbey

Anonymous said...

congrats Abbey! The food looks awesome. If only it weren't so far away. Looks expensive too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin