Tuesday, September 30, 2008

myFico

So even though I'm not a homeowner I am interested in the state of what is going on in the market right now. So in an effort to see what my credit looks like to those that would look at it, and because one day I hope to be a home owner, I registered with myFico.com and bought Suze Ormans financial planner, because I had already gotten my free credit report for the year and I figured the $50 bucks was worth it in light of how it can help me for the future. I noticed some things that need to be taken care of, as far as Lens Crafters not closing my account and that type of thing, but what I'm super stoked about is refinancing the APR on my VISA. With the good FICO scores that I did get I was informed that I'm paying to much in interest for my cedit card! I'm gonna call my bank this week and try and get that taken care of. Suze gives a whole "How to" within her program. It may only be a couple percentage points, but those add up over the long haul and that's what can hold people back. This is going to be paramount in helping me out with #17 on my list, which is to pay off my VISA. It's not going to happen by my deadline for my list, but it has been greatly reduced since I started my list at the beginning of the year. Anyway, I put the link up for myFico for those that are interested in finding out what they need to do to have a safe and productive financial future.

Also, as I stated earlier, you are eligable to receive a free credit report once a year. If you're interested in that too here is the link for your annnual credit report.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin